WARNING: THIS SUPPORT DOC IS FOR THE 2016 VERSION OF THE PAYWHIRL SHOPIFY APP. A NEW VERSION WAS RELEASED IN NOVEMBER OF 2020 AND THE NEW DOCUMENTATION CAN BE FOUND HERE.
This is a basic example showing how to embed the widget code PayWhirl provides on a new Shopify page. Widgets can also be added "in-line" on an existing PRODUCT page via the description.
- First, go to the admin panel of your Shopify store and click on "Online Store" then "Pages" as shown below:
3) Create a new page for the widget click on the "Add Page" (or select an existing if you already have a page created)
4) Name your page and click on "Code View" button as shown below. You may want to keep the page hidden until you are ready to go live.
5) Next, it's time to copy your widget embed code from your PayWhirl account
6) Click "edit" next to the widget you want to add to your Shopify page. If you haven't created a widget yet, see this guide for making a widget.
7) Next, copy your widget embed code, as shown below.
8) Paste the code snippet from PayWhirl into your Shopify page. Make sure the page is still in "code view" and click the save button.
9- The widget is now embedded in your Shopify page. If you make any changes to the widget in PayWhirl (like changing the colors, text, price of a payment plan), it will change automatically in Shopify. You don't have to make changes to the embed code later.
Note: When you are finished testing and ready to start accepting live payments, make sure you have a live gateway connected to every widget that is on your site.
- Shopify setup checklist & guide
- Does PayWhirl create orders in Shopify?
- Adding a PayWhirl widget to an existing Shopify product page
- Need help customizing PayWhirl on Shopify?
Please let us know if you have any questions.
The PayWhirl Team