Products, Services, and Fees are the types of line items you can add to an invoice. Each type of line item acts slightly different depending on your selection.
- Products - Sales tax & shipping CHARGED.
- Services - Sales tax & shipping NOT charged.
- Fees - Sales tax & shipping NOT charged.
When editing an existing invoice, you can choose to add a line item only one-time or have it recurring with the subscription plan:
You will see the recurring symbol on the line items set to recur and remain with the subscription plan.
Widgets & Forms:
- Recurring - Converted into product and attached to the invoice. Remains with a subscription on future invoices.
- One-time Product - Converted into a product and attached to the invoice. Discontinues after invoice has been paid.
- One-time Fee - Converted into fee, attached to the invoice. Discontinues after invoice has been paid.
Screenshot of the upsell widget's type setting under product settings:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the differences between the types of line items that can be added to invoices.